Who Can Apply for This Visa?

To begin studying in Australia, there are a range of entry requirements you may have to meet. As a guide, the typical key requirements you will need to meet are: 

  • Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.
  • Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement. Read more about this on the Department of Home Affairs (opens in a new window) website.
  • Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees, and living costs.
  • English language proficiency.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

What this visa lets you do?

The Australian student visa allows you to live in Australia while you are studying a course of study that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and courses for Overseas for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This Visa also allows you to work limited hours fortnightly(You must comply with the state and territory laws of Australia. The number of hours you can work in Australia can be found in your visa conditions.).

You and your family members can make a combined application or they are able to practice to join you later provided you declared them in your student visa application or they became a family member after the grant of your student visa (such as a new child baby). You must have funds to support yourself and all accompanying own family members already in Australia as well as those included in the current application.

You need to either leave Australia before your visa expires or lodge a new visa application. You might be able to extend your stay in Australia for further study, graduation, a holiday, work, migration. The Health insurance needs to be maintained on this Visa. OverseasStudentHealth Cover(OSHC) provides medical and hospital insurance.

The application fee varies and depends on applicants, starts from $560, This only includes the department’s visa application fees. Whereas there are some extra charges for like surcharges, health assessment, health cover, English Proficiency test.

For more information please contact Department of Home Affairs